OUR 11TH ANNUAL PICNIC AND WALK PROVIDES AN OPPORTUNITY FOR MORE THAN 80 CLIENTS, VOLUNTEERS, PARTNERS, AND ADVOCATES TO CELEBRATE AND SUPPORT THE IMPORTANT WORK OF OPEN ACCESS CONNECTIONS.
When: Saturday September 21st, 11:30am-2:30pm
Activities: Optional 1.5 mile walk, free tasty picnic lunch, live music, prizes, and games
Where: Minnehaha Park, Minneapolis, Wabun Picnic Shelter A
- Providing free voice mail to 2,700 homeless and low-income Minnesotans, empowering them to find jobs, housing, and overall economic self-sufficiency.
- Training 6 Grassroots Outreach workers to complete over 420 shifts of Grassroots Outreach at 8 separate nonprofit locations. Last year we provided voice mail to over 250 people through this program.
- Holding 12 Generation 50+ Group meetings, providing a forum for older people who have experienced homelessness to address issues affecting their community.
- Distributing over 800 Lifeline supported cell phones through a partnership with enTouch Wireless.
- Registering 1,007 homeless and low-income people to vote in the 2018 St. Paul & Minneapolis municipal Elections.
Also, thanks to a generous donation from the Frey Family Foundation, all new donations and returning donations that are increased by 10% will be matched!